“It is estimated that 9 out of 10 burglars would choose to target a home without an intruder alarm over those with one”
How can CCTV help you?
CCTV can provide you with more information regarding an incident such as;
How many people were there? Which direction did they come from? Where have they been while at the property?
What is the description of the intruder? (ie clothing, height & Build) Were they using a vehicle?
These are all questions asked when an incident has occurred and cannot be answered by an intruder alarm system alone.
Did you know?
- CCTV has had a significant impact on reducing crime rates
- CCTV has led to greater reductions in crime in the UK compared to other countries.
- CCTV works best with other forms of security such as; Intruder Alarm Systems, Access Control Systems, Secure Fencing and Lighting.
- It is estimated by experts that as much as 67% of burglaries could be prevented if people had security cameras in their own homes.
- Crime falls when the likelihood and consequences of of getting caught rise.
- Crime costs the economy £35 billion pounds a year or £31 per week for every household in the uk
Why an CCTV system?
With a CCTV System you will be able to:
– Catch offenders in the act of committing a crime
– Capture footage of offenders whilst in the act. (They do not want to be observed on CCTV!!)
– If most people in the area use CCTV you will assist in protecting other properties and preventing crime within your community.
– Monitored CCTV systems can deploy Police Officers and Security Staff in the event of an intrusion.
-Reduce fear of Crime within your properties local area
– Aid Police Investigations, Gather Information and Monitor behaviour on your property.
Please do not be fooled by cheap DIY systems, these systems very rarely provide clear CCTV footage and often will not be considered for evidence in court. Most offenders can easily spot these systems.